Our goal is to create a program that is an excellent learning experience for anyone interested in agronomy, general agriculture, precision agriculture and/or sales between the months of May through August. The internship will be tailored to the interests of the intern and experience level to maximize the learning experience. It will be an opportunity to make money while having more than just an average summer internship. This program will also allow Co-Alliance to evaluate potential employees and develop a talent pool in which to hire from in an increasingly competitive job market. Your experience as an intern will be catered to your interests and strengths. The internships we have to offer will be a hands-on real world working experiences. As with all of our internships the interns will contribute to the success of each facility in which he/she is assigned.
Co-Alliance Intern Derek Hitch
Descriptions (additional positions can be developed based on skill sets):
- Work with the local agronomist on any agronomy support activities.
- Responsible for an overall assigned sales/research project. Duties would include monitoring projects throughout the summer, taking pictures, taking samples, and gathering data.
- General field scouting.
- Attend meetings (sales meetings, training events).
- Tissue Sampling.
- Customer Communication.
- Crop staging and deficiencies education.
Safety and Risk Management Intern
- Assist in developing workplace safety procedures.
- Conduct investigations of accidents/incidents.
- Facilitate safety meetings.
- Assistance with Anhydrous Ammonia Nurse Tank Program
- Risk Management Plans (inspecting storage facilities and updating plans).
- Organize and review existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Company DOT Compliance Review and Safety & OSHA laws/guidelines.
- Conduct interviews with targeted prospects and customers in assigned territory leading to profitable growth in propane and petroleum volume.
- Provide value-added propane/petroleum, related products, services, and recommendations to patrons and prospects.
- Coordinate scheduled product delivery to customers.
- Conduct patron meetings on propane and technical information.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and sales strategies that generate profitable sales in the assigned territory, and utilize target marketing and professional sales techniques when calling on patrons and prospects.
- Understand and learn to advise on local cash markets and basis.
- Learn to coordinate truck and rail operations.
- Safety and OSHA laws/guidelines.
- Grain Grading - learning and applying the USDA grain grading standards.
- Grain Flows - track and map the flow of grain throughout one or more terminal facilities.
- Rail loading - learn what it takes to load and unload railcars, as well as perform various rail loading duties.